Monday 7 October 2013

Corriander Mint Chutney

My best memory of this green goodness is from about five years back. A friend had come home to help me with Maths for an entrance exam. After we were done, in true Indian hospitality spirit, I had prepared hot fresh theplas for him to eat and I had served this chutney with it. He eats a bite of the theplas dipped in this chutney and goes, "The chutney is great!" And I was thinking, I just put in effort to make hot theplas for you and all you can think of is the chutney? That was a real wow moment for me!

And it has happened many times with me when people have specifically enjoyed the chutney and given it a special mention! Here's the recipe of this attention stealing chutney!

The attention stealing chutney



Ingredients

1 bunch corriander leaves
1/2 bunch mint leaves
1 tbsp daliya
2 green chillies
1/2 tsp sugar
Juice of half a lemon
Salt to taste

Method

Wash and clean the corriander and the mint leaves and separate them from their stems.


My favourite greens with all their possibilities

Roast the daliya on a low flame for about two-three minutes till they release a dry earthy roasted aroma.


Daliya being roasted

Put in the greens, the daliya, the slit chillies, the lemon juice, the sugar and the salt into a mixer bowl with a little water and blend well to form a smooth paste.

Blending the chutney
Serve as a dip for your favourite savoury snack.




No comments:

Post a Comment