Friday 6 December 2013

Dhaniya Kadhi

Every once in a while I watch food shows on T.V. (especially the travel and food kind) and find some or the other recipe giving me great ideas. This is especially true when the recipe is simple and yet I can imagine how well the flavours will go with each other. However, I am one of those who cannot stick to the recipe to the 't' and I will always bring my own take to the recipe.

Dhaniya Kadhi

I saw this recipe on a T.V. show where the chef added simple corriander paste to Gujarati kadhi. I've taken this idea and made my own version of Corriander Kadhi. I got great feedback for the recipe from my family and neighbours, so I am sharing it.


Dhaniya Kadhi


Dhaniya Kadhi

Ingredients

2 cups yoghurt
4 tbsps gram flour
3 cups water
2 tbsps oil
1 1/2 tsps mustard seeds
1 1/2 tsps cumin seeds
2 tsps ginger garlic paste
20-30 fresh corriander stalks
1 green chilly
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
2 tsps garam masala powder
1 tsp amchur powder
Salt to taste

Method

Whisk the yoghurt and gram flour together ensuring there are no lumps in the mixture. Add the water and mix well.

 In a grinder grind together the corriander stalks, the cumin powder and the green chilly with about 2 tsps of water till they form a smooth puree.

Heat oil in a kadhai and temper with mustard and cumin seeds. Fry in the ginger garlic paste for about 20 seconds. Pour in the yoghurt mixture and stir.

Add in the corriander paste, the garam masala and the amchur powder. Keep stirring till the kadhi comes to a boil. Lower the flame and let the kadhi cook for another 3 minutes.

Serve with paratha, steamed rice or a rice preparation of your choice.

P.S. You can also add pakoras to this kadhi like in Punjabi pakodewaali kadhi.



No comments:

Post a Comment